Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My friend Aimee stayed with me while we Skype with Rich, Stacie and the JH doc's . First came the surgeon, then the oncologist.

We are not going to Baltimore. The tumor is too big and has spread to 4 areas in the liver. Interesting enough the CT scan at Queens was not this clear. They are calling it Stage 4 and recommending chemo. The surgeon said that the operation would not change the outlook and would be dangerous to operate. Then the oncologist came on and gave his thoughts about chemo. I am leaving that up to Rich to decide. My thoughts are I want him home with friends, family, and church support. But it's not my life and I get it.

There are clinical trials that may be appropriately later. Right now Rich's status is not suitable for most of the trials out there. Rich's initial reaction is so good....his text read "hey, it looks like it's confined to only two areas". Right on.

We definitely need a miracle........and that's ok. We always pray for the Lord's will to be done and we can rest in Him.  We will continue with a grateful heart, and expecting all that He has for us.

I will Skype with Rich at noon (in an hour) and he will tell me his game plan. He may be staying for a week to  see how his blood work looks. The doc felt we should do our scheduled vacations and let the chemo revolve around them. Amen, I agree with that.

Thanks to all for you kind words, prayers (we really do feel the peace).

Later, gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment