Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good morning.

I asked Suz to set this up as it will be an easy way for people to know what is going on with Rich.

He came home on Thursday after being discharged from Queens. There was very little help they could provide and so the door opened for a plan B. We are so thankful for plan B. Rich leaves tonight (Sunday) and will meet with the team at JH (Johns Hopkins) on Tuesday.

If they deem him a good candidate, they will schedule surgery to remove the tumor. At this point we will all fly to Baltimore. I can't describe the love and tenderness that has come our way.......it is almost overwhelming.

Rich and I are in a state of grace. We pray for the day and the Lord gracefully takes us through it. I had to tell my families I may be off island for awhile and they were so supportive. Our friends and church family are most supportive also. Rich is basking in love and tenderness. It's awesome to see this!!

We named the tumor 'Ted'. Since it is a part of our lives we felt we needed to give it a name. We are trying to starve Ted with a good alkaline diet. Hoping to get really good with a macrobiotic diet. Pray for us.....bye bye butter, dairy, meat, BREAD....all those good things, not to mention cookies.

Next note will let you know if they can do the Whipple or not. Thank you for the love, we know there is purpose in this journey and we are determined to see it through. My husband has NEVER gone through a physical trial with such peace. It is amazing............(gotta use my dots......sorry).

No comments:

Post a Comment