Monday, October 15, 2012

Greetings From the East

After an incredibly stressful airport experience (you bet I cried to a pilot to try to get on a flight), I got to my Papa. And I cried and cried some more. I realized how much of the sadness and frustration I've been feeling was just being away from him. He is in fact, in great spirits. He looks good, he has some pep, he is eating more nutritiously than normal and trying to sleep more. We talked a lot about what happens next, dropping out of school, Australia, Las Vegas, living and dying. The whole she-bang.

I spent all my food and gas money on a fancy camera and it was TOTALLY worth it (but feel free to give me food and gas). I filmed so many great stories and captured so many Papa quirks. And got some beautiful pictures. I'll post um when we get to our perspective homes.

We traveled through our lives. We transversed Pennsylvania, shared our love for cheese and bridges, and laughed our asses off along the way. We talked about how much things have changed, what these places we used to love so much mean to us now. We talked about marriage and important things in life and how to treat people. What makes him happy and sad about how he raised us, what should have been done differently. I learned a lot. About him and about myself and how to be a good human in general.

So many beautiful moments with beautiful people filled this little trip. More on that in a later blog.

We came to some decisions and still have some to come up with. Here we go.

He does treatment, and we start ASAP. A round before my parents leave for Australia hopefully. We need to find an oncologist in Hawaii who is willing to go along with the plan that my family/ the team at Hopkins agree upon.

I'm gonna stay in school. We are all split up right now but thats just how it is. I got some time with him, my brother gets time with him, my Mom gets Australia with him. I come home for Thanksgiving, and we meet in Vegas in December. It all works out. If the plan needs to change, it will.

We will hope for the best and trust God even if it is the worst. Whatever happens, we are ready to accept it.

Tomorrow we explore Washington DC, we made that plan about 20 minutes ago. Living in the moment and eating all the sharp provolone on earth. That's the Stercho way.

Suz

P.S. My Dad still hasn't told his Mom what's up, he has to decided when and how. So keep that under wraps please!


No comments:

Post a Comment