Friday, October 12, 2012

From the Man Himself


Well, Suz wants me to write something.  This is Rich, the one with the healed C word.  I’ve been praying against this thing, and I have had so many people praying for me that I truly feel to call this thing something that is dead and gone, even though it may still look alive.  Anyway, I’m here at my nephews house in Easton, MD, on the Eastern shore of Maryland, which is in striking distance of  Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, the best hospital in the USA when it comes to dealing with pancreatic cancer.  And I’m feeling pretty darned good, actually.  Loads of energy, lots of zip and a truly raging appetite.  But my daughter has me so limited in terms of what to eat.  I am doing my best to eat lots of fruits and vegetables to combat the disease, so  I am learning to eat smoothies made of unappetizing veggies.  But actually, I have been eating certain veggies all along anyway.  Spinach, beets, broccoli, kale, which we’ve long ago started growing in our garden, are going into our smoothies.  I’m committed to eating healthy, and completely changing my diet.  

My friends on the prayer team at New Hope, Mililani have been praying on my behalf and have been covering me and my family in prayer for a while.  They started about a month ago, when my lower GI symptoms began to occur.  My friend Esa had the word ‘Pancreatic Cancer’ about two weeks before it was diagnosed, but she was just too shy to tell me.  Instead, in the presence of everyone else, she just said she had the word ‘pancreas’. It was just too hard to give me that word, and she apologized.  But the Lord also said ‘I will heal him’.  So that and a lot of other things, have my faith high.  So many people have received words about the illness, and clearly the Lord wants to heal it.  A friend of my friend Gary Abbott in Missouri who has a healing ministry has twice called me to pray.  He has miracles when he simply prays for people over the phone. 

Anyway, Suz has flown into Baltimore last night, Thursday, 10-11-12, and we’ve rented a car and will be driving up to Philly for a fun day.  Bear Creek possibly too.  Then Monday back for a blood test.  That will determine the future of treatment, but I’m already healed in the Spirit.   I truly believe I will receive a complete manifestation of healing.  Anyway, pray for me, family and especially my mom, whom I’m going to have to call and visit with.  I’m hoping my brother can join me.  Thanks for your prayers.  More to come later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment